My tour through Cambodia and Vietnam has now been finalised. 3 weeks from Bangkok to Cambodia to Vietnam with my younger brother and Dad. We’re just sorting out the Vietnam Visa (what a headache that is) and the hotels and we’ll be all set. I’ve been to Bangkok many times before and while it is becoming a very large air conditioned shopping centre of a city, I’m really looking forward to showing my Dad the area as he’s never been and my brother went once years ago.
First we have 4 days in Bangkok where I plan to show them the city.
- Chatuchak Markets
- Klongs (River Boats)
- Grand Palace. I’ve tried to go before with my wife but we got suckered into the ‘it is closed’ scam perpetrated by the tuktuk drivers outside. Not this time my friend!!
- The famous Sky Bar for some stylish night life.
-Hopefully I’ll get a session or two in at Bangkok BJJ time permitting.
From Bangkok the tour heads directly to the famous Angkor Wat at Siem Reap for 3 days.
- Angkor Wat Historical site
- sunrise/sunset landscape photography of the stunning ruins
- Helicopter view of the ruins
A 3 hour bus ride will see us to Sihanoukville where we will spend 2 relaxing days by the beachside taking in the sights and making the most of the photographic opportunities.
It is then back to Bangkok for a day before heading home via Sydney where I say goodbye to my family and head back to Brisbane to collapse in a heap, wash 12 loads of dirty clothes and begin the arduous task of sorting through the multiple gigs of photos I shot